Sweet potato, leek and Quinola Pilaf
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 750ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- 250g red quinola
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp grated ginger
- sea salt
- small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime
- sour cream to serve
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into roughly 1.5cm chunks.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Fry the diced potatoes for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally until soft and golden.
- Put it on a plate aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, fry in a pan with little bit more oil for a few minutes until soft
- Add quinoa, stir well, add the sliced leek, garam masala, ginger, chilli flakes and pour in the stock.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
- Add a little bit more water if necessary.
- For the lime and coriander dressing; squeeze the lime juice and mix it with the half of the chopped coriander, and set aside.
- When quinoa is cooked add remaining chopped coriander and mix well.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
Serve with sour cream and lime and coriander dressing.